100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Making Time To Reflect

When I interview possible employees at work, I often say something like this: "We all have things that we have identified within ourselves that we want to improve, what is one thing you know that you would like to improve about yourself?"
Well, the one thing that I want to improve about myself is a daily reflection of my day. It is so easy to fill our day and evenings with things that occupy our minds and our time that we don't even have time to think about our day.
What happens in each day? Each day God can:
  • Send people into our lives for a variety of reasons.
  • Allow temptations to help us grow
  • Give forgiveness
  • Send soft messages calling us into action
  • Empower us for his work, give courage and strength.
  • And SOOOOOO much more.
However, if we don't take time to reflect upon our day, how can we clearly see how God is forming us, or rather what direction God is asking us to travel.
Haven't you heard the saying in that "hindsight is 20 / 20,"
but if we don't take the time to look back each day, how can we ever learn or understand....?
When I make the effort to reflect back on my day it doesn't take long to identify subtle messages or patterns, or see the unmistakable bigger picture. Without the effort on my part, the message can so easily be overlooked and an opportunity missed to grow closer to God.
I hope to consistently dedicate a small portion of each evening to reflect on my day and to see God's hand in the events of my day, each day.

No comments: