100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Monday, May 12, 2008

SIN

I just received a message from a person very close to me that made a big mistake in their life. He has been arrested and will be facing charges.
Did he do it or not?
If he did, he will be the only person who will really know for sure, and know exactly what happened.
How do you look at sin?
How do you look at your sin?
Haven't we all sinned?
Some of us have been caught, so of us have not.
But what is being caught?
Doesn't God see all that we do, even if others do not.
Being caught might just be a blessing in disguise.
Once caught, then we are forced to deal with our sinfulness, choosing to blame others, or accepting our actions and accepting our penance.
I often think of judgement day, reflecting on
Matthew 25:
"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne,
and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,
naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'
Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'
And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.'
Then they will answer and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?'

He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.'
And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

My dear brother in Christ:

As you know, we all have made some mistakes in our lives, some of us have been caught and others have not. However, being caught is really not the point. The point is how we see ourselves through the eyes of God. That is how we will eventually be judged on judgment day.

So the only judgment that is really important is your own judgment and the judgment that we all face in the future in the sight of God.

Thank God that He is so loving and full of forgiveness.

If we honestly accept our fallen nature and our stumbles, be truthful in verbalizing our failures, ask forgiveness, repent from our sins, hold a true contrition in our hearts, strive for perfection in spirit, there is nothing that can happen here on earth that will hinder our everlasting loving embrace with our Lord and Savior.

You are probably going to experience some difficulty in the upcoming days, however, do not go through it alone. If you haven't already done so, go to confession tomorrow and clear your soul, receive communion, and begin daily / hourly prayer.

"Ask and you shall receive"

Ask your Lord to enter into you and to give you peace and strength to accept an honest judgment and accept your penance, whatever that might be.

You can begin to live again, anew......

You are loved by our Lord as great if not greater than anyone else.

All the angels in heaven rejoice when a sinner is brought back to the Lord. Be that sinner that the angels are rejoicing over.....

You are loved beyond what you can image,

just go and seek the love from our God.......

My dearest: I love you, we love you, as Adam fell, Eve fell, Saint Peter fell, Saint Paul fell, Saints greater that us have fallen, accept how little and weak that we are when not in Him, and ask forgiveness and then live in the truth, strength, love, and peace in him, who all things live in, now and forever.

You are in my thoughts and prayers........


No comments: