100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Year For Priests and my special calling for them

Pope Benedict XVI has declared a “Year for Priests” beginning with the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on June 19, 2009. The year will conclude in Rome with an international gathering of priests with the Holy Father from June 9-11, 2010.



With the announcement of this Year for Priests, the Pope has declared St. John Vianney the Universal Patron of Priests on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the death of the Curé d’Ars.




Lets us not forget the sacrifice that these men made for us, for God!




I thank you and pray for you each day, without you, we would not have Jesus in the Eucharist. Without you, our faith, our church would just fade away.

Growing up all I knew were "Irish" catholic priests, I actually didn't know that a non-Irish could even be a priest.

It was the Irish who brought the faith to whole generations of people in California, especially in the Sacramento diocese.

The Irish catholic spirit appears to be fading away with so few Irishmen becoming priests. The devil has poisoned a culture that had been so holy in the past.

We all have a special role to play in this year for priests.

Yes, we are all to pray for them, so that they will be able to endure the evil that will be thrown upon them by the forces of evil.

Yes, we are to be their families, since they have forfeited the chance at a typical family and spouse for the gift of marriage to our Lord.

And Yes, we are to honor their humble role of servant to God's flock.

....BUT....

I just decided that I have a special role to play with these oh so many non-Irish priests. In honor of my mentors and all the priests that tolerated my childhood confessions, who taught me right from wrong, who scolded me when needed, and loved me when I needed to be loved as God loves me.

I am to introduce the holy Irish beverage to each and every priest that I have the opportunity to spend time with. In respect for my heritage, for my father's land, and for the Irish priests who were and still are such an important part of my spirituality and my life.

The introduction of the blond girl in the black dress (a Guinness) will be my duty for each priest that I serve with this "Year of the Priest."

No comments: