100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mary and her Perpertual Virginity

As I was greeting parishioners after Mass last evening a man approached me and asked "explain to me how Mary was and remained a Virgin?" I thought to myself....WOW - how do I explain this in 30 seconds or less as the parishioners were beginning to line up and as they were exiting the church. I did my best by giving the consolidated version, however there was so much more to be said.

Here is an article my Mark Shea as follows:

For most of Christian history, Mary’s perpetual virginity was a commonplace belief, even well into the Protestant Reformation. But in our hyper-sexualized culture – and, like it or not, this is the culture in which Christians and non-Christians are now submerged like fish in the sea – people find it extremely difficult to contemplate the possibility of a life of virginity as anything but one of unbearable deprivation. So before we ever get to discussing what Scripture says about the perpetual virginity of Mary, we’ve got a gigantic cultural hostility to virginity to overcome. 

Click here for the rest of the article.

No comments: