100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Early Morning

One of my favorite parts of the day is the morning. I usually awake before anyone in the house and then quickly open all the blinds to allow the early morning light in.
There is something so peaceful about the early morning.
I'm not sure if what makes the morning so special is the quiet, the stillness, or something else.
To me, the morning is so very holy. It is a time when I awake and start my exercise and my prayer.
It is a time that I can really feel God's presence.
I find that in the most quiet parts of the day, is when I can experience a connection with God.
Yes, I also can see him in the people I connect with throughout the day, but it is the stillness of the morning that I fell that I can listen to him the best. Maybe he is helping me plan my day, my life, giving me the courage and strength to be his disciple.
I often feel that I am just in the morning of my life, yes I am 43 years old, but in many ways I have just begun to live.
As I proceed through my spiritual journey, often gaining insight little by little, those little glimpses of insight can change everything. Once you can truly see something, or understand something, it has a domino effect on so many other understandings in life.
I am very grateful for God's trust in me to allow me to become a minster in his church. I can also feel the responsibility and the weight on my shoulders, but it is lightened and comforted by the wonderful opportunities and experiences that it also brings.
The Lord is my Shepherd, there is nothing else that I shall want.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.He makes me to lie down in green pastures;He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake."
Psalm 23:1-3

"I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God."

1 Corinthians 2:3-5

No comments: