100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a Great Feeling - Losing Weight!

About a year ago I decided that I needed to do something because my weight had gotten out of control.
I didn't feel good and began to think that I was killing myself.
I had lifted weights off and on most of my life and had always thought of myself as an athlete, but I didn't recognise the FAT person in the mirror.
When I jumped on the scale it registered around 282 lbs.
I was wearing a size 42 pant and realized that I couldn't really jog anymore and hiking was difficult. I can even remember being too big for an amusement park ride (Depressing).
So, I decided to lose weight.
I has been a great process, no dieting, just simple exercise each morning (Lifting Weights) and eating breakfast and lunch (anything), and usually skipping dinner.
That is it...... However, my wife will tell you that I replaced dinner with a glass of wine.
However, over fifty pounds later, I just put on a pair of paints that are a 36 inch waist and they fit fine...... Down from a size 42 to 36.
I am feeling great and it must God's grace that is making this so easy.
Thanks God! And I hope to be around for a while......
I have a lot to accomplish serving our Lord! God Willing.....

No comments: