Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Monday, September 21, 2026

Today I turn 62 - Deacon Pat Kearns

 


Today I turn 62.

When I look back, I don’t just see years—I see a journey. I see a young Navy Corpsman, a nurse, a husband, a father and grandfather, a deacon, a writer, and a man who is still learning what it means to trust God.

There have been beautiful chapters and difficult ones. There have been plans that worked out exactly as I hoped and others that God completely rewrote. Through all of it, one thing has remained constant: His grace.

So I wrote this song, “Sixty-Two Years of Grace,” not because my story is finished, but because I’m realizing how much of it is still being written.

At 62, maybe life isn't about proving anything anymore. Maybe it's about loving more deeply, slowing down enough to notice the blessings, holding the people you love a little closer, and trusting God with whatever comes next.

Today, I’m simply grateful—for Liz, my children, my grandchildren, the people I’ve served and who have touched my life, and every road God has allowed me to travel.

Sixty-two years behind me, a new chapter ahead, and by the grace of God… I’m still becoming me.

#SixtyTwoYearsOfGrace #BirthdayReflections #StillBecoming #FaithFamilyGrace #TheCatholicJourney #DeaconPatKearns

No comments: