100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

ART - Have We Lost Our Appreciation For Fine Art?


Peter Paul Rubens
(1577-1640)


(***Click on the picture for a larger view***)

Final Judgement - I just love this painting.



Yes, Yes I know , beauty is in they eye of the beholder, I'm just sharing my eye's view......
(I apologise if the partial nudity is offensive to you, It is not meant to be sexual)




Daniel in the Lion's Den c. 1615



Assumption of the Virgin
Peter Paul Rubens, 1626



Rubens' "Venus at the Mirror"


The Massacre of the Innocents, c. 1611.

Rubens, 'Samson and Delilah', about 1609-10.



The Fall of Man

Christ and Saint John with Angels

1 comment:

Lizzy K... said...

Art & history like you have here is precisely my dear, why I want to take you & our family to Rome! Incredible art! (yes, hopefully Rome while Padre is there to be our tour guide!)