100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Prayer

How often do you talk to God.
Does he walk with you throughout your day?
What really is prayer?


I love how Saint Thérèse de Lisieux describes prayer:

"For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward Heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy; in a word, something noble, supernatural, which enlarges my soul and unites it to God.... I have not the courage to look through books for beautiful prayers.... I do as a child who has not learned to read, I just tell our Lord all that I want and He understands."

To experience God in your life you must first meet him and get to know Him.

How does one develop a relationship with someone?

We must spend time with that person.

Are you spending enough time with Him?

1 comment:

Keith said...

Deacon Pat,

I was working when two parishoners invited me out to church. I am sad to say that I was not able to make Mass, but one had told me you were giving a homily, and I was glad to hear and now read about your continued journey.

God bless you,
Keith