100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Silent Retreat for Young Adults

I have been asked to lead a silent retreat at a nearby Monastery next month for a group of young adults. I was told that the ages of the participants will be 18 - 35 years of age.
I asked what topic they wanted me to cover, or what theme, and they responded with the following:
"Maybe just about embracing silence, how God speaks to us in silence....
or whatever God puts on your heart to share with us..."
With a quick prayer I came up with this as a possible theme:

"God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer."
-- Mother Teresa
If you don't already know me, I prepare for everything. I mean I really prepare unless God directs otherwise.
I usually have my homilies completed a month before they are to be given, and a retreat.......... Who knows?
However, as the Body of Christ, I am asking if you could share a short story or idea; how you have felt God's presence in the silence, or how the silence is so very special to you.
I will begin the preparation for the retreat in the next few days and would love to have some input from you.
Either comment on this blog post, or send me a private email at patkearns@sbcglobal.net
Thank you for your help with sharing your faith and guiding these young adults.
Deacon Pat

No comments: