Deacon Pat's Books - Popular Catholic novelist and author!

Deacon Pat's Books - Popular Catholic novelist and author!
Click on the book to go to the book site (The sale of the books support our mission).

Camino De Santiago

Along with a group very special friends, my brother Tim, and two Priests, we will be walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain beginning in August. Please friend me "Deacon Pat Kearns" on Facebook to follow the journey. I realize with limited internet, Facebook will be the easiest way to share the journey. I will share more on the blog when I return. I am also looking forward to using the experience in the current novel I am work on "Climbing Out of the Darkness."

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Traditional Catholic Churches

So many churches look nothing like this.

Do you think we have lost something with the redesign of the modern churches?

There is a holiness when you enter a church like this.

There is a connection with our ancestors, our faith, our saints......

There is something so very special and catholic about stained glass windows.


What a great symbol as you enter the church, the baptismal fount.

Many churches have these hidden.

Sorry Mary for the blurry picture.

I have seen so many churches remove their statues.

I don't understand.

For many, these statues have become very special.

In many ways, it would be like walking into someones home and taking down the picture of the person's mother.

Why remove them?

No comments: