100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Friday, August 06, 2010

A Beautiful Morning

I awoke to a beautiful sunrise.

So I thought, Hmmm, Why not get a hike in before the family wakes-up!

I had never hiked the Yana Trail on BLM Land south of Redding.

 
I was surprised that the trail was marked so well.

 The hike was much different than the mountain hikes I had become accustomed to, but beautiful in its own uniqueness.

As I hiked I could hear animals in the grass, didn't see them, but they were there....

Even though the temperature was going to warm up to 100+ degrees, the morning still felt comfortable.

There were some terrific views of the small adjacent mountains and the Sacramento River.

I felt like I was hiking in the desert.

But then a creek would appear.

You probably wonder why I do so much hiking? Well, for me, It gives me time to clear my mind and hear God's voice in the quiet. Hiking is in many ways, my special prayer time. I can experience and feel his presence so clearly when I am active, out in the nature, and ask that He listen to me and then I listen to Him.

There was an obstacle or two along the way, but it wasn't too much for a man with trek'n poles, waterproof boots, and a good jump.

Then, after 8 miles, I finished the hike and returned home to find my family just waking up.

No comments: