100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Importance of Rest....


As I prepare to begin the weekend, I am pondering the importance of rest. 

Yes, for those of you who know me, and as confirmed by my family, the concept of rest is a foreign concept to me, foreign at least most of the time.

I often feel that tasks need to be done, people need to be seen, or there is a mountain to be climbed. 

My life is usually a whirlwind, controlled, yet perpetually in motion.

Yet, a life that is in such a constant state of motion might seem appealing to some, lively, exciting, it might also be lacking in the fruits only gained by some down time.

It is precisely in the down times, that deep reflection can occur, the body can rest and heal, the mind can detach from the usual routines and concentrations, and a sort of creativity can occur.

I am thankful for the life that we have, the adventures, the opportunities, the friendships, and the love shared within our family and extended to those close to us.

However, this weekend will be a weekend of slowness, naps, visiting with my family, daydreaming, and yes prayer.

There was a reason  why God created for 6 days and set aside a day for rest.... It is holy, It is needed, it is required!

No comments: