Deacon Pat's Books - Popular Catholic novelist and author!

Deacon Pat's Books - Popular Catholic novelist and author!
Click on the book to go to the book site (The sale of the books support our mission).

Camino De Santiago

Along with a group very special friends, my brother Tim, and two Priests, we will be walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain beginning in August. Please friend me "Deacon Pat Kearns" on Facebook to follow the journey. I realize with limited internet, Facebook will be the easiest way to share the journey. I will share more on the blog when I return. I am also looking forward to using the experience in the current novel I am work on "Climbing Out of the Darkness."

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rules of Life (Catholic)


So often I am asked by Men and Women, "what can I do to feel more connected to God in my life and to feel more peaceful?"

I often share my rule of life with others. It isn't that I always follow this rule, but when I don't, I lose focus and different aspects of my life suffer because of it. Time after time, when I return to the rule (guide), my life regains balance and my inner peace returns.
Rules of Life – Deacon Pat

Rule  #1 - Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) Morning and Evening
Rule  #2 - Daily Mass (if Possible) / Read daily readings  
Rule  #3 - Daily Rosary
Rule  #4 - Simple Diet - No between meal eating 
                (Abstinence from meat on Fridays)
Rule  #5 - Fasting 1 x week (Bread and Water)
Rule  #6 - Adoration 1 hr / week
Rule  #7 - Daily Exercise
Rule  #8 - Weekly Mass
Rule  #9 - At least Weekly Service to the Poor / Widowed / Imprisoned / or Sick
Rule #10 -Monthly Confession / Routine Spiritual Direction

No comments: