100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Not So Good News - Stage 4 Cancer

My brother received the news from the Oncologist - Stage 4 Cancer (Serious).
Not just any old cancer, but throat cancer that has spread to the Lymph Nodes.
The Oncologist stated 50% chance of treatment success.
Are we ever ready for such a trial.....
The big question then becomes: "Will I even survive?"
Doesn't such news make everything else in life seem microscopic and almost insignificant.
Doesn't such a ordeal make all other problems seem childish.
I love you Kevin. Although I wont be able to completely understand what you will be going through, I will be at your side, I will always be there for your, and you will continually be in my prayers.

2 comments:

cascade_catholic said...

Kevin, you are in my prayers. Pat you too. May God give you unfailing strength to stand with your brother. You might want to look into this book:Cancer & Faith: Reflections on Living With a Terminal Illness by John Carmody.

Peace and Blessings,
Al

Frederick J Hass said...

Your family is in my prayers.
Fred Hass