100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Another Great Kayak Trip...

I was able to get some great pictures on this trip with my wife's waterproof camera. I bought her a nice digital camera for her pilgrimage to Europe, and at the time I thought it would be a good idea to get a waterproof camera. Well, it might of been a subconscious decision on my part that had something to do with future kayaking.... Anyway, what a great camera for the trip.
Sean and I were dropped off at Turtle Bay (Sacramento River) by my wife and cruised down the river for about 3 1/2 hours. We hit a few rapids from time to time, and drifted through calm waters as well. We brought our fishing poles, that made the calm water drifting a lot of fun.
We didn't catch any fish, a few bites, but did see some salmon up close and personal.

Sean cruising across the swift river

Am I fishing or taking a nap on my kayak?????
Sean, What a great Kayaker...He makes it look easy...
Sean thinking that he found a great fishing spot in the calm waters..
The water begins to pick up speed and we quickly fasten down our fishing poles to get ready for the next set of white water...
Another area of calmness.
What a life, out on the river fishing, dad and son,
I sure can count my blessings...

The water begins to pick back up and the fun begins once again.

Life can be so short, I thank God for the blessings that he has given me and try to not waste what we has bestowed to me, even if it is just "for now." The vocation of being Husband and Father has to be the greatest calling in the world. To love and to be loved. What else can surpass God's love manifested through us and onto us...

No comments: