100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Mom's Piano

When I was a young child, I can remember my Mom and Dad buying this piano from the neighbors (The Tarr's), who lived across the street. I think we bought this piano for $100. This old piano was played by my Mom throughout my childhood, It brought such joy to me.

For the past few years, this old (I think 120 years old) piano sits in our family room.

Mackenzie, with the help of her piano teacher (Nick Ciampi), again bring such life back into this old piano.

Mackenzie can make such beautiful music. She has a natural talent and has been developing it for almost 2 years now.

Isn't it funny, how a piano can take on two different lives, or two different dimentions? When it is played, I remember back to my childhood, while at the same time, I think of Mackenzie and God's gift to her. Not only did this piano bring such pleasure to me as a child, but also now as a parent.

No comments: