* The word "Baptism" in the Greek means "immersion" or "bath"
* Immersion in water is a sign of death
*Immersion out of water is a sign of new life
* To bathe in water is to undergo cleansing
* The origin and foundation of Christian baptism is Jesus when he submitted himself to the baptism given by John the Baptist. The waters didn't purify him, but rather He purified the waters.
* Baptism is the means Jesus chose for us to die to sin, original and actual, and to begin to live a new life with God.
These signs and symbols actually accomplish what they signify
What are the effects of baptism?
* Original and actual sins are forgiven
* You become a child of God
* Initiated into Christ's Church in the new Covenant
* You're made a sharer in Christ's mission of Priest, Prophet, and King.
Why do Catholic Baptise Their Children?