100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Touched By Grace

It happened to me again today.
A person came up to me and stated the she had been thinking about me. She mentioned something that I had said some time ago and that it had stuck.
I had forgotten that I had ever stated such a thing, until she reminded me.
It was a brief spiritual conversation.
I then began to think.
Do we really know what situations in our lives and in our conversations that have some sort of impact on others?
I am often surprised by the insignificant conversations or situations that later I am told were huge events in other's lives.
I wonder how many times a simple word, or short conversation, also received a little help by God, and the receiver heard something significant in the conversation; something that touched them deep in their heart and soul.
As I reflect back on my life, I can recall a variety of events that at the time I didn't give much significance to, but now reflecting on them, they were literally transformational in my life.
Do we truly know the power, positive and negative, in our actions; especially when they are joined by God or by the devil?
If we understood this concept clearly, do you think we would want to think through our behaviors and reactions a little more before we acted.
How many times have we caused great hurt in someone and we walk away without knowing the harm we have caused.
I pray that I can be aware of the consequences of my actions, be aware of how I affect others, and pray that the Grace of God will intervene, especially when I act contrary to the way I should, and never place undue distress on others.

No comments: