Jesus is coming back to take us with Him (Jn 14:3). No one can know the exact day or hour of Jesus' return (Mt 24:42). He will return at the time we least expect (Mt 24:44). Therefore, we must be always ready.
We are ready for Jesus' second and final coming when:
* We are faithful, farsighted servants (Mt 24:45).
* We are working to feed people physically and/or spiritually (Mt 24:46).
* Our hearts have been strengthened and made blameless and holy (1 Thes 3:13).
* We have accepted Jesus' salvation (2 Pt 3:15).
* We are "without stain or defilement, and at peace" in God's sight (2 Pt 3:14).
* We are singing and praising the Lord (see Rv 19:1ff).
* We are "pure and follow the Lamb [Jesus] wherever He goes" (Rv 14:4).
* We have washed our robes in the blood of the Lamb and survived the great period of trial (Rv 7:14).
* We have guarded our spirits against "indulgence and drunkenness and worldly cares" (Lk 21:34).
* We are praying constantly (Lk 21:36).
Are you ready for Jesus to come back now? Maranatha! Come, Lord Jesus!
Prayer: Jesus, come back now or as soon as possible.
Promise: "May the Lord increase you and make you overflow with love for one another and for all." —1 Thes 3:12
Praise: St. Monica was in a state of readiness in awaiting her Lord and prayed constantly until her husband, son, and grandson were converted.