100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Profound Experience


I walked up to a man, maybe in his late 30's or early 40's sitting in a wheelchair at Mass today. I didn't recognize him. He was ruggedly handsome, well proportioned, but unobtrusive. He was sitting off to the side and a row or two back. Father first gave him communion and then I approached him with the chalice. I voiced, "The blood of Christ." He didn't move. Instinctively I placed the chalice of the precious blood against his lips and tilted it as he slowly drank. I then retracted and he then looked directly and deeply into my eyes and said softly, "Thank You." His voice penetrated my heart and infused deeply.

I am not sure if he was paralyzed, or what was his story, but the interaction and exchange affected me greatly. I almost couldn't contain the emotion erupting inside of me. I saw and felt God in the occurrence profoundly. I can't shake it. It was one of those rare and supernatural moments.

It reminded me that God and His Spirit is everywhere and now and then he even reminds us of that! What a great moment in time.

No comments: