100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Living a life in fear...


I met this young photographer (Theodore Rigby) when I was Guatemala this past year. I just remembered that he gave me his card, so I looked in my wallet and found it.

I looked up his site and found this great video about an illegally immigrated family.




I don't support illegal immigration.



However, Illegal immigrants are not just illegal immigrants, they are people: Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers, Aunts, Uncles, etc.


They want to be loved, they want a chance,

they want to feed their families,

they want to be able to sleep at night knowing that their children are safe.
In so many ways they are not unlike us at all, just born outside the US.



My Catholic Faith tells me to care for the Sick, Poor, Widowed, Imprisoned, the Alien, etc....

My love and care for a person is not centered on a specific act or action completed by that person, but rather for the person as a whole.

Don't you hope that if we are judged by someone or something,

we are seen for who we are as a person,

and not just judged by a few of our actions.


The dignity of the person should always be the foremost standard when dealing with everyone that we meet.


Don't you agree?




For more information on Theodore Rigby: http://www.theorigby.com/

No comments: