100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What to do when you feel like you are losing control in your life!

We all know what we feel like and look like when our lives are going well, don't we?

Do you know what it feels like when your life is getting off track; when the control, discipline, and structure is not there like it had been in the past.
So how do you regain what you had experienced in the past, the peace, control, and the feeling of being able to do what we know keeps us healthy.

Well, if you really think about it, you can probably identify things that help you feel good about yourself, help you feel healthy, happy, and loved.

These thinks that I just mentioned (Things that help me keep balanced) I call my tools that are in my toolbox.
For me, getting up in the morning and working out in my garage is one of my tools.
Another is going to Mass in the morning.
Some others are:
Praying my liturgy of the hours each morning and night,

Having meaningful conversations with my wife and children,

Building things out of wood ,
Spending quality time with my spouse,

just to mention a few.

I also know that when I find myself not using my tools, I feel as if my life is slowly slipping away, I begin to feel unbalanced, and uncomfortable.

So what do I need to do?
I need to remind myself how important it is to use my tools to regain my peace.
We all have toolboxes, theoretically.
Do you know what your tools are that keep you happy, healthy, feeling loved, appreciated, motivated, stimulated, rested, etc........

No comments: