100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Humility

I had stations of the cross in Spanish last night, as most of you know, I really don't speak Spanish well, so this was going to be a stretch.

So, I obtained an advance copy of the stations and practiced my Spanish so I would look like I at least knew what I was doing.

Well, God must of been laughing, because a man came who was directing the stations and changed everything......

I was all the sudden in front of a lot of people and reading words that I had not seen before. My pronunciation was Really Bad at times.

As we processed through the church, I couldn't help but think that I am venturing off into a new aspect of my life, one that I might find myself often being placed in situations beyond my abilities and especially well beyond my comfort level.

I guess that is what a Deacon and a servant of God can be. One that doesn't think of his own desires and abilities, but one who is willing to serve in any capacity that he can, and willing to try anything for Christ.

What a dose of humility, especially for me, a person who usually likes everything structured, planned, and organized.

Thanks God once again for the opportunity to grow.....

No comments: