100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Wine and Beer

I have always been a beer drinker.

I loved almost any kind of beer, and then one day I was exposed to Guinness.

Well, need I say any more? There really isn't any other type of beer when compared to Guinness.

However, if Guinness was just not available, there is another that would due in a pinch, It is called "Chimay," a beer made by Belgian monks. Kidding aside, this is a very good beer, better than any other I have ever tasted......


However, to get to the point of this post - A few months ago I discovered wine. I must say, it was my brother Kevin who has a wine cellar as big as our living room, and it was he who exposed Liz and I to wine and I have come to appreciate a good glass of wine.

It has always bewildered me how so many protestants believe that wine is sacrilegious and an evil vice. I don't know where that comes from? Jesus himself drank wine and commented on how good it was.

Now I can have a great balance in my life (Guinness, Chimay, and a variety of good, and not so good wines)

Another reason why I am thankful that I am a Catholic......

No comments: