100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rejected!


Liz and I heard of this great place for a possible mission trip in Honduras and we applied thinking that we would be accepted, and already started to make plans, at least in our minds, for a 30 day mission trip to Honduras....when I received an e-mail stating that they were not set-up to accept families.
I immediately thought....well, they just don't know our family, we are easy, we are not new to mission trips, our kids are not like most kids.......but then I thought, doesn't that sound just like an American.....what entitlement. "No" means "No."

I immediately thought that Honduras wasn't in God's plan.
In the rejection e-mail (actually it was a very nice, considerate, and honest letter) we were referred to two other resources for Family Mission trips:

The Family Mission Company

Catholic Family Mission

They both seem like great organizations, so I e-mailed them and will wait for a reply.

I am not sure where God will take us next:

Mexico, Honduras, Africa, China, India ???????

I have been experiencing an ever-growing desire to be a long-term missionary (with my familiy of course), as you can imagine, that is a huge discernment, not only for me but for the whole family.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: