100 Days to Freedom (FREE) PDF Workbook


 

Free PDF Version of 100 Days to Freedom



Hard copies may be ordered through Amazon

                  Link to Amazon



Daily audio recordings can be found on The Catholic Journey Podcast with Deacon Pat Kearns starting January 7, 2022

Podcasts from Deacon Pat and Friends (www.TheCatholicJourney.NET)

Deacon Pat's Books

Deacon Pat's Books
Click on book to be taken to the Amazon site.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

When We Are Hurt It Is So Hard To Forgive

When we are hurt by a specific person, or by a specific event, it is so hard to forgive.
What is it in us that wants to keep us Angry and Mad?
I am not sure.
Why can we forgive some people so easily and others we find it almost impossible to forgive or forget?
I don't know about you, but sometimes I can be so angry, yet something comes over me and the anger is not only gone, but it is replaced with compassion and even sorrow.
Could this be the Holy Spirit?
I have this dream, maybe a wishful dream, that someday I can be immune to other people's actions.
Is this really possible?
I hope so.

1 comment:

Deacon John said...

I've been hurt too but I've outgrown my youthful days of holding on to anger or even revenge! Yes, it must be the Holy Spirit; that Spirit of Love which caused Our Lord to cry out from the Cross, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do!" I feel blessed that I can have no anger or hate or revenge on anyone who has or continues to hurt me. I really want to embrace my enemies! Hopefully, that will happen in heaven, cause I don't think it will happen here on earth. But then, again, maybe after the "Illumination" we can embrace as brothers again! Come, Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved spouse!