Many people continue to ask me about the weight loss that they have noticed in the members of our family. I am down almost 80 lbs from a few years ago, but most noticeably is the 60 lbs that I have dropped since mid January. Liz and Mackenzie are shrinking right before our eyes as well.
So how are we doing it?
We are using The HCG Diet.
(Please note: I am not supporting this for personal gain, I have no connection to suppliers, promoters, etc - It just worked for me and my family and I am sharing it with you.)
Dr. Simeons' hCG Diet (Summary)
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.
1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.
2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
The same four choices as lunch (above.)
Drinks and Seasonings
The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes.
Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water (2 liters of water per day is recommended) are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.
The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may he used without special permission.
Portions and specially prepared unsweetened, low calorie foods
"In many countries specially prepared unsweetened and low Calorie foods are freely available, and some of these can be tentatively used... the total daily intake must not exceed 500 Calories if the best possible results are to be obtained, that the daily ration should contain 200 grams of fat-free protein and a very small amount of starch." From Dr Simeons' "Pounds and Inches."
If you have an potential interest in this program, I believe it is a must to Read The Full Program to understand how and why it works. It can be found here .
- The 500 calorie limit must always be maintained.
- 2 small apples are not an acceptable exchange for "1 apple."
- Very occasionally we allow egg - boiled, poached or raw - to patients who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole.
- Cottage cheese made from skimmed milk is available 100 grams may occasionally be used instead of the meat
Personal Care and Beauty Products on the hCG Diet:
- We do permit the use of lipstick, powder and such lotions as are entirely free of fatty substances. We also allow brilliantine to be used on the hair but it must not be rubbed into the scalp. Obviously sun-tan oil is prohibited.
- Aspirin is allowed on the Simeons hCG Diet.
- No massage of any kind.
Here is one place that you can order the drops (Medication), however there are many different internet sites to order from.